If you like MMA, then you’re going to love Saturday night. Starting at 5pm, the UFC has preliminary matches airing on FX, and the main card on FOX starting at 8pm.
The FX fights include:
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 5 pm ET)
- Yves Edwards vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Raphael Assuncao vs. Mike Easton
- Ramsey Nijem vs. Joe Proctor
- Daron Cruickshank vs. Henry Martinez
- Marcus LeVesseur vs. Abel Trujillo
- Nam Phan vs. Dennis Siver
Then at 8pm we have UFC on FOX 5 with one of the best fight cards of the year [and it’s on free-tv!]. Here’s the line up with my predictions:
- Matt Brown vs. Mike Swick
Thoughts: Both of these guys come to fight. Brown swings for the fences with each punch and Swick doesn’t mind a slugfest. Could be the best fight of the night.
Prediction: Swick takes the decision.
- Rory MacDonald vs. B.J. Penn
Thoughts: Penn is back again with his same old, “I took this fight seriously and am in the best shape of my life” spiel.
Prediction: Penn loses steam and the fight.
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua
Thoughts: Do not miss the first round. Rua will come out blazing.
Prediction: If Gustafsson can weather the storm, he should earn the decision.
- Benson Henderson vs. Nate Diaz for the title!
Thoughts: I am a Ben Henderson fan, but not so much for Diaz. However, I do respect the fighting ability of Diaz. Both Henderson and Diaz are warriors. This is gong to be the fight of the night.
Prediction: Henderson by decision [but I wouldn’t bet the house on it].